Mission of TRI-CAP Healthy Families:
To provide support and education services to new parents in Dubois, Spencer, and Warrick Counties. It is an effort to help and encourage parents to be the best that they can be by promoting a safe environment that optimizes child growth and development and encourages healthy family lifestyles.
What is Healthy Families?
TRI-CAP Healthy Families is a home visitation program designed to promote healthy families and healthy children through a variety of services. We believe that services should begin early to support the changing needs of the family. These services are provided at no cost to families, and are always voluntary. Families must enroll prenatally or before the infant is 90 days old. Services are provided to families at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Services could include:
- Prenatal and child development curriculum and education
- Parenting education and support
- Connecting families with community resources
- Promotion of regular medical care and immunizations
- Infant and Child Development Screens
- Other screens and tools to help families reach their full potential
- Individual Family Support Plan (IFSP) – goals based on families needs
- Regular services until your child is 3 years old
- Offer a trained family support specialist in the home to model, educate, and provide proven research-driven parenting information
- All families have strengths, which need to be recognized
- Every child should reach his or her potential
- Parents are the first and most important teacher in a child’s life
- Parents are the best at determining what their family needs
Are you pregnant or do you have a newborn (3 months and younger)? If so, fill out the postcard at email@example.com to allow us to contact you and give you your free gift.
This local program is part of the statewide multi-site system of Healthy Families Indiana and is affiliated and credentialed by Healthy Families America. Administered state-wide by the Department of Child Services, Healthy Families Indiana located in all 92 counties, providing screening, assessment, referral and home visiting services.
1-800-CHILDREN This unique 24-hour “warm line” provides information and resources for parents and caregivers of children. This 800 number is funded through Prevent Child Abuse Indiana and the Indiana Kids First Trust Fund. Please pass this number along to any adult you know who are caring for children!