“Family planning” is the process of establishing objectives for the number and spacing of one’s children and selecting the means by which those objectives may be achieved. This may involve a broad range of acceptable and effective methods and services to limit or enhance fertility, including contraceptive methods (including natural family planning and abstinence) and the management of infertility.
Family planning includes pre-conceptual counseling, education and general reproductive healthcare, including diagnosis and treatment of infections, which can threaten reproductive capability. Services are on a sliding fee scale, based on family size and income.
Services available in family planning clinic include:
• initial and annual physical examinations
• FDA-approved birth control methods
• pap smears/other lab tests
• breast exams
• diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
• HIV screening and testing
• pregnancy test
• screening for other health problems
• referral services
• health promotion
• patient education and counseling
• services for men
The benefits of Family Planning are:
• Provide individuals access to many important health care services.
• Improve the health of women and children and reduce infant mortality.
• Reduce deaths from breast and cervical cancer by providing
screening services to detect these diseases in their earliest stages.
• Enhance communication among families and involvement of parents
in the sexual education of their children.
• Assist in the prevention of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases
Contact the clinics located in Dubois, Pike, Warrick and Vanderburgh County for an appointment. Late appointments are available.
Please see attached for office locations and hours at each location listed above.Family Planning Office Hours