Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Where can I find help for more services if TRI-CAP can’t help with my specific needs?

Most counties in our service area have a free telephone referral service.  Simply pick up your phone (land line or cellular) and dial “211” to speak anonymously to a live operator 24/7.  The call centers are completely confidential.  For more information, review this website:  This site is also listed under our “Local Resources” page on our website.  You will also find more state and federal resources on our website under the “Resources” page.

If I qualify for Weatherization based on income, but I do not own the home, can I still receive Weatherization services?

Yes, your home may be eligible for Weatherization services if the utility bills are in your name and the landlord/owner signs an affidavit to allow the work to be completed. All weatherization services are prioritized based upon the matrix score of your Energy Assistance Program (EAP) application.

I qualify for Weatherization based on my income, but I live in an apartment or mobile home; can I still receive Weatherization services?

Yes, as long as the utilities are in your name. If you live in an apartment building, 66% of the residents must fill out an Energy Assistance Program application and be approved for Energy Assistance before any work can be completed on the building. All weatherization services are prioritized based upon the matrix score of your Energy Assistance Program (EAP) application.

See What Services are in Your County

How to reach TRI-CAP during Indiana’s Executive Order #20-08

Our TRI-CAP staff members have been working diligently to continue serving our clients and have found alternative ways to serve our clients without being physically face-to-face through this COVID-19 pandemic and have restricted access to our facilities to anyone other than staff.  We have been in constant communications with our clients thus far and continue to provide the individual care that each person needs. 

In compliance with Indiana’s Stay at Home Executive Order #20-08, our staff will no longer be on site through the duration of the statewide Executive Order. 

Our phones will continue to be answered through 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, 2020. 

  • Dubois County office:                 812-482-2233
  • Pike County office:                      812-354-8721
  • Warrick County office:                812-897-0364
  • Vanderburgh County office:       812-428-2189

Beginning, Wednesday, March 25, 2020 our phone lines will only be able to receive messages that will be checked daily.  If you prefer to reach us via email, you may contact our Director Team for these services and they will refer your inquiry to the applicable staff member to assist you.

  • Neil Elkins, TRI-CAP Housing Services Director, (Utility, Weatherization, and Housing programs, etc.)
  • Deb Capps, TRI-CAP Health Services Director,  (Healthcare navigation, Family Planning, and Breast Cancer services.)
  • Nikki Lasher, Family and Community Partnerships Director, (Healthy Families, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program.)
  • Molly Wuchner, Head Start Director, (Head Start program)
  • Joyce Fleck, Executive Director, for any other administrative inquiries

TRI-CAP’s health, housing, and education services change lives, empower families, and improve communities.